Free coloring pages are a great alternative to screen time for small kids. Instead of passive entertainment, coloring in pictures and creating their own drawings can stimulate creativity, while also training fine motors skills.
Free Coloring Page Downloads
Free Uppercase Coloring Pages
Free cartoons animals coloring pages shaped like A-Z uppercase or capital letters.
Free Lowercase Coloring Pages
Free cartoon baby animal coloring pages shaped like a-z lowercase letters.
Drawing & Coloring Pages
100+ Alphabet Drawing & Coloring Pages
Does your child love to draw? Our Drawing & Coloring pages will spark your child’s creativity, teaching them how to draw simple Alphabetimals, color by number, and inspire them to create their own Alphabetimals with letter templates.
Uppercase & Lowercase Babies! 52+ Printable Aa-Zz Coloring Pages
Our Uppercase & Lowercase Babies! coloring pages bring your child on an creative adventure, coloring adult (uppercase) animal shaped letters and their baby (lowercase) animal shaped letters.
Best Selling Animal Alphabet Coloring Books
Try one of our published coloring books for hours of creativity with your preschooler or kindergartner. Young kids will love coloring the animals and discussing the way they are hidden in the shape of the letters of the alphabet.
Picture Dictionary Coloring Book
140+ Coloring Pages
“This is one of the best books to teach kids about the alphabet!! We’re in love with it!! Probably ordering more soon so we can have fun with the kids!”
– Sandra Quesada
Original Coloring Book
32 Coloring Pages
“Love it! Great educational coloring book for little ones learning their letters. I use this with my 3 year old while homeschooling his brother.”
In the Wild Coloring Book
32 Coloring Pages
“This is great for little ones to color and associate an animal with the letter. Grandsons love it even the 20 month old. Money well spent.”
Drawing & Coloring Pages
8 Benefits of Coloring Pages for Kids
- Creativity over consumption – In a world dominated by screens, unplugging our kids, let alone ourselves, can be a daily challenge. Coloring pages provide a way for kids to entertain themselves while activating their creative sides.
- Coloring is inclusive – Everyone can color, and there are no “right” colors when you are being asked to use your imagination.
- A place for expression – Coloring and art opens up an alternate way for kids to express themselves beyond verbal communications.
- Understanding colors – There are plenty of YouTube videos out there attempting to teach children basic colors, but to truly grasp the range of colors and how they relate to one another, nothing beats good old experimentation.
- Problem solving with contraints – Effective problem solving later in life involves identifying the constraints in a given situation. Coloring is different than drawing on a blank piece of paper because it gives children a starting point, within which they are asked to use their creativity. The idea of being creative, but with practical limitations, is a very useful problem solving lesson that can be applied more generally throughout a lifetime.
- Stress reduction – In the fast-paced world we live in, distractions abound. Sitting and coloring allows kids to enter another state of mind, where they can turn off the noise around them and focus on the task at hand.
- Ability to stay focused on a task – With all the entertainment possibilities available to children 24/7, overstimulation is at an all time high, and attention spans are fast disappearing. When things get a little boring kids can quickly just tap the next YouTube video or launch the next smartphone app. Coloring can motivate them to focus on a single task and invite them to hold that attention until the entire picture has been completed. This is an invaluable skill that will stay with them through life.
- Trains fine motor skills -We’ve all seen that toddler unlocking a device and swiping through the app icon screens. With smartphone and tablets everywhere, kids are mastering fine motor skills from a very young age. Holding a pen, crayon or pencil helps add variety to the motor functions they perform throughout the day.
All animals A-Z
Animals that start with common phonics digraphs
Animal facts for kids
Other animal collections
Try our Printable Alphabet Worksheets! Download a FREE SAMPLE or preview all 200+ on Etsy.com or TeachersPayTeachers.com